Kal Tabbara of the American Association of Notaries (AAN) has graciously allowed me to start writing content for his publications. I have gotten my notary commission renewed through the AAN the last two times.
When I did so, I received the Texas Notary Public Manual. As far as I am concerned it is the best Texas Notary Public Manual on the market. It has been so since 2004 when I first took a look at it. The newer version is even better.
The membership to this organization is $19.00. All fifty states are represented by the AAN.
The new "Notary Locator" is also a great addition to membership with the AAN.
In order to receive the print version of the AAN's newsletters consider joining.
You can sign up for the email version for free. There are at least two notary articles each month but they are not the same as the print version. The print version is published once a quarter.
From the AAN website, here are the stated benefits of membership:
Member program includes:
- Quarterly subscription to the Notary Digest Newsletter, keeping you informed of new trends and laws.
- Earn 5% in discounts and 5% in rewards redeemable on your next purchase.
- “Members only’ specials offered throughout the year that save you money on all notary supplies and training materials. Plus, you’ll enjoy discounts on car rentals, hotels, and express delivery, with new affinity programs continually established to benefit you.
- Unlimited expert technical support that will help you maintain your good standing as a professional notary.
- ‘Members Only’ log-in area on our informative website: members.usnotaries.net
- Unlimited use of our logo on your business cards, letterhead, and advertising, establishing you as a professional notary having an alliance with a leading expert notary organization.
- Free listing in our National Notary Locator to help you advertise and market your services..
- Calendar and Event reminder with email notification reminder to help you keep track of your important meetings.
- E-record book that can be accessed 24/7 (check your state laws for compliance).
- Free reference support letters if needed.
- Timely notary commission renewal notification well before its expiration, to avoid a lapsed commission.
- Address and name change forms filed with your state’s notary administrators upon notification from you.